How you should be represented
Once hired, we use every legal means possible to represent you.
We shall also work for you by:
• Listening, then guiding you to an effective solution.
• Keeping you informed (you can reach us 24 hours a day).
• Returning your phone calls.
• Answering any questions you have.
• Investing substantial amounts of our time, money and resources acquiring evidence and preparing your case.
• Only settling a case for as much or more than we believe it's worth - unless you instruct us differently.
• Letting you make the decisions that affect you.
Call one of our attorneys...
If you think you have a case, call our offices. If an attorney is unavailable when you call, one will get back to you as soon as possible.
Over the phone, we'll determine the facts of your case. Then, if appropriate, we'll arrange to meet with you.
At the meeting, we'll discuss your options, how we would handle your case and what you would need to do. At the end of this discussion, it's up to you to decide if you want us to represent you. Take your time; call us with questions - we'll do our best to help you.
If you're concerned about testifying in court, you'll be glad to know that more than 90 percent of our cases are settled before trial. And even if your case goes to court, you might not need to take the stand.
We represent clients and litigate cases throughout the United States. With our toll-free 800 number, e-mail, fax machine and air travel, we can be wherever we need to be to represent you. Our focus on wrongful death and personal injury is more important than the location of our offices.
P.S. Remember, because we work on contingency, we earn nothing unless we win your case.
Please call us at (216) 737-0000 or Toll Free (800) 509-0007
One Cleveland Center
1375 East Ninth Street, Suite 1150
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
2010, Reese & Kwarciak Co., LPA